Changes to public administration have forever been governed by budget constraints on the one hand and the demands of society and politics on the other. This continues to be the case today. The challenges at hand are manifold and urgent. In recent years, demography has become an increasingly explosive issue. The average age of an employee in the public sector is now 44, with one in four employees set to retire within the next 10 years. Other influential factors include technological progress within our society and its ongoing digitalization. The speed and extent of change are greater than ever before. How can new technical opportunities be seized to meet these challenges and the requirements placed on public administration to the maximum possible extent?
Despite all current contributing factors, nothing has changed in the sense that every organization needs to plan, implement and control its activities with the aim of consistently achieving objectives. In addition to traditional issues, digitalization has the potential to improve the quality and efficiency of administrative procedures.
- Clear strategic orientation and focus on core tasks from the perspective of customers and target audiences – taking advantage of eGovernment solutions
- Adapting the service portfolio by developing smartphone-based products and utilizing recommender systems
- Inclusion of users and customers in designing a service portfolio by means of Digital Customer Experience Management (DCXM)
- Further development of performance-oriented management models with relevant driver-based key performance indicators (key figures)
- Use of artificial intelligence and predictive analytics to increase the effectiveness of administrative procedures
- Planning, budgeting and management reporting based on big data
- Efficient design of processes through the use of automation solutions such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Optimization of internal service functions via virtual shared service centers
- Continuous change management for employees and the organization as a means of embedding digitalization in thoughts and actions on a long-term basis
We would be pleased to provide you with information on our references and assist you across all levels: this includes strategic realignment, innovation development, designing target operating models (TOM), increasing the efficiency of the organization, generating financial transparency, and introducing suitable management instruments and customized solutions.