The drivers for increasing sustainability efforts are diverse: External regulators and customers, the capital market, and even own employees are demanding a transparent, holistic transformation towards economic, environmental and social sustainability. Our consultants will support you in realigning the CFO function as part of the sustainability transformation. We will clarify the role the CFO function must and can play during and after this transformation, and the core competencies Finance and Controlling should apply to help shape change.
Successfully developing the transformation
We will help your Finance department to define its own ambitions for the future and successfully pursue a corresponding transformation path. Together, we will take a practice-based approach to defining how your company’s sustainability strategy affects key aspects of your current organization and processes and the IT systems used. We will identify the levers and develop effective measures to anchor sustainability aspects within all dimensions of the Finance department’s Target Operating Model (TOM).
Holistic sustainability management
Locating sustainability throughout the entire company
Our holistic approach ensures that sustainability management is incorporated into your corporate performance management in an effective and efficient manner and in line with strategic considerations:
- How and in what form will indicators be used to measure and make transparent sustainability performance in performance management?
- How must core financial processes such as planning, reporting and forecasting be adapted in order to integrate sustainability aspects meaningfully and efficiently?
- What adjustments to roles and organizational structures are necessary to fulfill the new tasks?
- What measures are necessary to embed genuine sustainability awareness within the area of Finance and enable employees to perform their new tasks
- Are the tools and systems in use today capable of mapping and measuring sustainability aspects?