Depending on the industry, up to 85 percent of companies’ CO2emissions are attributable to the supply chain. In addition to quality and technology, environmental and social aspects play an increasingly important role in differentiating a company from its competition. In this regard, Procurement is the central corporate function in terms of using key levers to increase sustainability. Our experts will support you in successfully setting up your Procurement organization for a sustainable future.
Successfully establishing a sustainable Procurement function
The path to a sustainable Procurement function involves several steps. Together with your Procurement team, we carry out a Sustainability Maturity Assessment. We determine the current status and use this as a basis to derive a target structure for the future. Concrete measures and a well-founded implementation schedule form the basis for the sustainability journey for your Procurement function and ensure that you can achieve your targets.
Anchoring sustainability within all operating model dimensions
The transformation to a sustainable Purchasing function must take into account all elements of the Procurement Operating Model. Our holistic approach encompasses the following seven dimensions:
- Strategy & Targets: Further developing procurement strategy with regard to various CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) objectives
- Governance, Policies & Rules: Adapting purchasing conditions, Supplier Code of Conduct, supplier questionnaires and other governance elements
- Category Management: Anchoring sustainability aspects such as reducing CO2 emissions within category groups and supplier strategies
- Processes: Establishing sustainability as part of tendering and contract management processes
- Organization, Roles & Responsibilities: Supplementing organizational structures and role profiles in Procurement with regard to specific sustainability requirements
- IT Systems: Selecting specific sustainability tool providers (for example EcoVadis or IntegrityNext) and ensuring integration into eProcurement solutions
- KPIs & Reporting: Integrating sustainability aspects into Procurement reporting, for example in order to create transparency about GHG scope 1-3 emissions